One of the benefits of time restricted feeding (based on a 16:8 fasting schedule, for example) is that many people experience natural caloric restriction and weight loss without counting calories. In a study of time-restricted feeding (fasting for 16 hours per day), Dr. Krista Varady found that most research participants naturally reduced their daily caloric intake by 300 calories on average and lost 3% of their body weight after a three-month period, even while being instructed to eat normally.
Articles in this section
- Are there any other health benefits of Intermittent Fasting?
- Are there any supplements I can take to improve the efficacy of my fast?
- Can fasting negatively impact my bone density?
- Can I have a cheat day?
- Does Intermittent Fasting promote longevity?
- How long can I expect to wait before I experience benefits from Intermittent Fasting?
- How long does it take to get into ketosis?
- How long is it safe to fast for?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me if I'm undergoing cancer treatment?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me?