There is no indication that intermittent fasting compromises bone health. In a study of post-menopausal women conducted in Dr. Krista Varady’s lab, six months of alternate day fasting had no impact on bone density according to DEXA scans.
Articles in this section
- Are there any other health benefits of Intermittent Fasting?
- Are there any supplements I can take to improve the efficacy of my fast?
- Can fasting negatively impact my bone density?
- Can I have a cheat day?
- Does Intermittent Fasting promote longevity?
- How long can I expect to wait before I experience benefits from Intermittent Fasting?
- How long does it take to get into ketosis?
- How long is it safe to fast for?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me if I'm undergoing cancer treatment?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me?
Please sign in to leave a comment.