Research on the benefits of intermittent fasting in humans, in the form of clinical intervention studies, is still early in development. Animal studies have demonstrated various fasting health benefits, from enhanced collagen production and wound healing to neuroplasticity, improved brain function and alleviation of neurodegenerative disease symptoms. Most studies of IF in humans so far have focused on weight loss and metabolic health benefits.
Articles in this section
- Are there any other health benefits of Intermittent Fasting?
- Are there any supplements I can take to improve the efficacy of my fast?
- Can fasting negatively impact my bone density?
- Can I have a cheat day?
- Does Intermittent Fasting promote longevity?
- How long can I expect to wait before I experience benefits from Intermittent Fasting?
- How long does it take to get into ketosis?
- How long is it safe to fast for?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me if I'm undergoing cancer treatment?
- Is Intermittent Fasting safe for me?