If you received an error alert when you tried to join a circle, then the invitation link to that circle is no longer valid. This could happen for a variety of reasons:
- The owner and creator of the circle may have deleted the circle.
- The invitation could have expired. This happens sometimes for very old circles.
- Something unexpected has happened to the invitation.
In all of these cases, the best thing to do if you really want to join the circle is to reach out to the circle owner/creator to get more information or to send you a new invitation link.
If you did not see an error alert, and instead nothing happened when you clicked the link, here are some things you can try:
- Check that you have a good network connection and simply re-open the app. In many cases, this solves the problem and you will see the "success" alert telling you that you have been added to the circle.
- Click the invitation link again and make sure you click through all the way until the app is open.
- Temporarily disable any ad-blocking software running on your network or your device. These applications can interfere with mobile app deep-linking operations.