If you are using a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) device to manage and track your glucose levels, your CGM can be synced with LIFE Extend. We currently support syncing data from any device that writes to Google Fit (Android) or Apple Health (iOS). The steps below use a Dexcom G6 device as an example. Follow the instructions below to learn how to sync with LIFE Extend.
Dexcom App (as an example CGM device):
First, you must install and set up the Dexcom App on your mobile device. After it has been successfully installed, click on the Settings gear in the Dexcom App, then click on Health Apps.
For Android devices:
- Select Google Fit.
- Click Share.
- Select your Google account associated with your Dexcom G6.
- Click Allow to allow data syncing.
For iOS devices:
- Click on Health.
- Select Enable.
- Select the Blood Glucose switch on the Health Access page.
- Click Done to allow data syncing.
Syncing LIFE Extend with Google Fit and Apple Health:
- Open LIFE Extend.
- Click on the Profile icon.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right to open Settings.
- Click Sync Data.
- Select the check boxes to authorize LIFE Apps to view your glucose data, body measurements, and physical activity data.
- Click Continue to sync your data.
To view the CGM data in LIFE Extend, click on the Progress tile from the home screen of the LIFE Extend app. Your glucose data will display in a graph in the Progress tile. Tap the Progress tile graph to display an overlay of your glucose values with other tracked activities, including fasting, workouts, meditation, and other notes.